Tuesday 13 November 2012

'An Interesting Day in my Life'

Dear Students,
Could you please write an interesting short story about something that happened to you last week? 
We are going to vote for the most interesting story. Yours might be the best!
Happy writing,
Ms Helen


It was a glorious summer day when a couple of friends and I decided to go on a short boat trip. We were having a great time on the island and we wanted to explore more remote beaches. 
We took the little boat early that day and set off to visit some nearby beaches. We would visit two beaches which were highly recommended by the villagers. We spent most of the day swimming in wonderful crystal clear water and lying on the sand. We also went snorkelling and we enjoyed the sea as much as we could. We were so sad when it was time to pack our things and start our journey back.
The sun was setting as we entered the little harbour we had set off from earlier that day. We were all looking at the sunset when suddenly the skipper shouted ‘What’s that in front of us?’ Everybody turned to look worriedly ahead of us. There was nothing! As soon as I started saying that I saw a little head emerging from the water a few meters ahead of us. It was a young turtle! ‘A turtle on the left’ I shouted loudly. Then everyone tried to see the turtle and take a picture. The turtle glanced at us and quickly dived deep in the water.
We kept searching for the turtle but it had disappeared. We were all so excited and happy that we had seen the turtle without hurting it. It was thanks to the good skipper who wasn't looking at the sunset that the turtle was safe!   


I hope you enjoy my story. 
I know that I had an unforgettable day and I wanted to share it with you.
If you have a special day to share with us we would love to hear 
about it.
Ms Helen



5 comments:

Unknown said...

HI miss Helen. I read your story!!!
It was fantastic!!!!!!! I loved it=)!!!!




by:Christina-Zaxarenia Anastasiadi

Unknown said...

Hi Miss Helen Great story!!!
Christina- Zaxarenia

Stamatis Papademetriou said...

What a lovely story, Miss Helen !!

Natassa Kokla said...

Wow!!! What a perfect day!!! I'm so jealous Miss Helen! I wish I had been there with you!!!

Melen@ said...

Thanks Ms Natassa - It seems so distant now! :(
It was a perfect day!